Stainless Braided Hose Kit that provides a more consistent, efficient coolant temperatures specifically for Caterpillar C15 and 3406E 70 Pin engines.
The standard path coolant flows for these engines, injects coolant into the back of the motor at cylinder #6 and flows towards cylinder #1 at the front of the engine. By the time the coolant has reached cylinder #1 the temperature is significantly higher than when the coolant first entered the engine at cylinder #6. This kit provides an additional coolant passage directly into cylinder #4 from the oil cooler. Routing the coolant into cylinder #4 also helps eliminate the hot spot created by the turbo direcly over cylinders #3 and #4. The results of injecting cooalant into the engine at cylinder #4 provides more efficient coolant temperates across all six cylinders.
- Cylinder Block Cover Plate with (2) Ports
- Cylinder Block Cover Plate - Gasket
- (2) Coolant Supply Line from the Rear Water Bonnet to the #4 Cylinder
- (2) Stainless Steel 1/2" NPT x 1/2" Male JIC Fittings - Straight
- (2) Stainless Steel 1/2" NPT x 1/2" Male JIC Fittings - 90 Degree
- (1) Stainless Steel 3/4" NPT Male x 1/2" NPT Female - Bushing
NOTE: Compatible with a 2WS, 1MM, 6NZ, 7CZ and MBN serial prefix that utilize a Caterpillar Rear Bonnet PN: 163-9385